Concerns about the bounties

Hi,

This is a formal complaint about the bounties. I think that it's a bad
idea for this kind of things to be channeled through the foundation.

Today Srinivasa Ragavan (not on the board as far as I know) sent out a
mail apparently from the foundation (if this was actually a message from
the foundation it should be sent from someone on the board imho).

Shortly after a commit was made to change Epiphany to Firefox on the
bounties pages:
http://lists.gnome.org/archives/cvs-commits-list/2004-
August/msg01044.html

As far as I know Firefox isn't part of the desktop (and neither is a lot
of other parts of the bounties). To me this is making technical
descisions which the board shouldn't be involved in. This more looks
like a Novell todo list and the foundation is being used to channel
through.

Best Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--