Re: Conference Booth Organization

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 14:37, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

> It's a popular chain store that does xerox's and what not.
> Very popular with university students.  I was under the impression
> that Kinkos was everywhere but I guess not.

They are pervasive in the U.S. Kinko's has a few examples of
globalization through outposts in Amsterdam, Australia, China, Dubai,
Japan, London and Seoul (where they actually helped me localize some
slides into Hangul.)

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 14:34, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

> whats the right channel to
> request funding for participation?  director gnome org?

Yes.  I am working with the board on identifying which events and level
of presence we'd like to make, so thanks to everyone for the
suggestions. We'll budget what we can for next year, but much of what we
do at events is on an in-kind basis (donated goods & services) rather
than cash expenditure.  This, too, takes planning.

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 11:11:49AM -0700, Leslie Proctor wrote:

> > Often, even a
> > month isn't enough.

Very true - often a minimum 90 day lead time is needed for equipment
loans and other support from the larger corporate members of the
foundation Advisory Board.

tim