Re: Conference Booth Organization

Let Tim Ney know if you know of a conference
opportunity - he knows the budget capabilities and can
get permission for the spending from the Board.  Do it
as early as possible.  A bunch of the things discussed
exist, but if there's not enough time to get them to a
volunteer, then it's no good.

We've done things in the past like send a printing
order to a local Kinko's for pick up by volunteers (if
there's a Kinko's in the area)That way all the
volunteer has to do is pick up the order.   We've also
sent files to be printed locally and we've shipped the
materials directly.   But time is needed to plan and a
couple of weeks is simply not enough.  Often, even a
month isn't enough.

Everything that would be in a media kit is on the
GNOME web site and can be pulled off at any time.
It'd consist of recent press releases, and the general
description of GNOME.

We could use a disk of some kind with screenshots,
etc.  If anyone wants to step forward and make that,
it'd be very appreciated.

Leslie