Re: Minutes for Board Meeting 2002-09-24

Heya,

> > Yes, I think we should have 2 tiered membership. I believe we should
> > incorporate 'Friends of GNOME' into this.
> >
> > 	o Friend of GNOME
> >
> > 	o GNOME Foundation member
>
> [ Hrm, I named mine specifically to avoid clashes with FoG -> I think it
> needs its own feet to stand on, so people see it as an endeavour of its
> own... ]

Hrm, I'm just worried about the confusion by having 3 sorts of
membership - I rather think this would do more harm than good :/

I'd quite like to see some of the stats/funds that FoG is achieving
before deciding more though. With the possibility of having this
newsletter idea that I suggested, I think it could work to merge the
two.

> > If we want to start being a serious candidate desktop, we have to start
> > acting like one.
>
> [ But let's not confuse shipping source with shipping products. :-) ]

I rather think that we have a strong share in that though. What ever
happened to gnome-os? :)

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)