Minutes for Board Meeting 2002-09-24
- From: jody peabody ximian com
- To: foundation-list gnome org, foundation-announce gnome org
- Subject: Minutes for Board Meeting 2002-09-24
- Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:16:40 -0400
Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting September 24 2002
Nat Friedman (chair)
Jody Goldberg (minutes)
Daniel Veillard (:15)
Miguel de Icaza
Federico Mena (:20)
ACTION: Havoc to get the specs for a CVS box
ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with various parties
=> Jim reported progresses with a well-known font maker,
Jim have the fonts and tries to close the deal. It will
still need a bit of work on the fonts themselves.
ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about adding ssh
tunneling for GNOME CVS access
=> Jonathan will try to get this scheduled with Owen, pending
ACTION: Jody volunteer for working on producing a first
draft of ABI rules for GNOME-2 releases, get involvment from
someone at Sun, and make sure the draft get some review.
=> Worked on it but not finished yet
ACTION: Tim looking at structuring tutorials, need to send a call for speakers
=> Tim worked on this with Guadec 3, pending
ACTION: Jonathan to work with Louie to put the organisation chart on the
=> In the absence of Jonathan, we don't know
ACTION: Tim to then do fund raising for the CVS box
=> Send out the requests waiting for replies.
ACTION: Telsa to draft a guideline for the usage of the Gnome Logo
=> Done, in the agenda item
- approve last meeting minutes:
- Membership Committee
: Clarify Guidelines
* Jim proposed simple guideline
'If you have ever contributed to GNOME and wish to be a member
you can be a member'
= Unanimous agreement by those present
= The key element is 'desire to be member', interpretation of
'contribution' should be lax, including QA, usability, and
* Annual renewal
= Verify contact info
= Ensure that member still wants to be member
* Should simplify life of membership committee.
: Membership of Membership committee
* Contact Mike re: potential un-resignation
* Apologize to Mike specificly and membership in general for lack
=> Miguel volunteers to join membership comittee to help clarify.
* Get the membership clarified according to new guidelines before
starting elections. Revisit at next meeting.
- Foot Logo
: Mechanism for people to request permission to use foot
- To maintain viability of the trademark the foundation
needs explicit written permission requests.
: Discuss Guidelines for who can use trademarks
- Telsa's proposal
* Unanimous agreement
* Nat splits 'not-profit' to have a 'personal use'
subcategory that is very lenient.
* Telsa also suggests a 'Do not use this for nasty
stuff, but we can take a good joke.'
* Treat this as first draft and assume that Tim will need
clarification when reality intrudes.
* Tim and James researched things to see how other groups
handle this and the lawyers liked Apple's approach for the
quicktime logo. Apple posts request form on web to simplify
* Telsa also suggests that once we have links to
legalese to request the foot, we should add links to
eps/svg versions and additional sizes for
[Date Prev][Date Next
] [Thread Prev][Thread Next