Re: Questions

This is not a matter of stubbornness or self-imposed restrictions - it's the
basic reality of working with multiple Free Software licenses.

- Jeff

I believe you got my point. GPL restricts me from using other free software.
Is this a real freedom? I don't think so. And as I said it makes GNOME less
attractive as a development platform.
Personally, I would prefer to see GNOME moving towards non-restrictive
MIT type licenses. This will not make GNOME less "free software" and this
will allow to use GNOME in non-free world as well.
I understand the logic behind GPL that forces everyone who use GPLed code
to use GPL. But I don't think that this helps free software. Again, I don't think that force is the right way to the freedom. IMHO, the only thing you can do is to help people make a choice (provide a choices, educate about choices, give more information). But the choice have to be made by each and everyone personally.
I don't think that forcing someone to be free is a real freedom.

Aleksey.