Re: GNOME Foundation Elections - Preliminary results

> I'm sorry.  Why do people insist on waiting until AFTER the facts to
voice
> their opinions ? If democracy matters to you then give it it's proper
> deserved attention at the right time and not afterwards.  Saying the
> voting system was wrong after the vote is complete is the wrong way
> around.  That's like saying the membership committee rejects the
wrong
> people from the foundation when they only follow the rules everyone
agreed
> on.

I absolutely agree with this - and I don't recall seeing any of these
people volunteering to run the elections when the committee made a call
for volunteers some months back.

If people have valid concerns about the electoral system in use,
mailing membership-committee gnome org is the first step. Its very
likely that any significant change will need the board to consider
things. Carping after the event on foundation-list is just harmful to
the goodwill which keeps the committee going.

As for adding votes back in by hand afterwards, I can well envisage
some people asking if this was an entirely safe and secure way of
running a ballot. As someone more famous than I once said "you can't
please all of the people all of the time..."

Mike