Re: Non-free software and GNOME

Why mentioning Star Office (the non-Open Office
version) in GNOME Summary at all? After all, GNOME
Summary reports about what is going on in the
development of GNOME.

Also, in case of Star Office, today Open Office is
free, and mentioning Open Office would be better than
Star Office.

To promote GNOME, mentioning Star Office may not help
that much.  Mentioning how nicely Open Office or
AbiWord or Gnumeric works nicely within the GNOME
environment would produce better results.

And RMS's people skills are known to be a weakness...
it would be good if people are considerate of this and
work around it...

Just my 2 cents...