Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 16 October 2001

	  Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 16 October 2001


    Havoc Pennington (chairing)
    Daniel Veillard  (minutes)
    John Heard
    Tim Ney          (director)
    Owen Taylor
    Maciej Stachowiak (from 0:10)
    Federico          (from 0:10)

    Bart Decrem
    Jim Gettys
    Dan Mueth
    Miguel de Icaza  

    Raph Levien


   - Start the Friend of Gnome fundraising effort
   - The account policy document is approved and will be published on the 
     web site

Action Done:

  ACTION: John to try to get a copyright assignment form and procedure
          for the GNOME Foundation.
   => John is working on this with the GNU foundation,
      not urgent, being done in the background. This isn't really
      something handled at the Board level anymore.

  ACTION: Havoc to ask who is interested (and in what) for the ALS
          hacking session
   => being asked, done.

  ACTION: Federico send an updated version of the accounts policy document
          to the foundation list.
   => Done

  ACTION: Tim to send a mail to foundation-list about the "friend" membership
   => Done


  ACTION: Havoc to sent the Advisory Board list to the Board,
          looking for completion of the member liason.
   => Tim is working on this, we expect a new list real soon,
      waiting from one member feedback.

  ACTION: Maciej to email the Board the current draft of the platform
          license policy for review.
   => Still pending.

  ACTION: Owen make sure the mail send to the accounts gnome org is not lost
   => pending


 - approve last meeting minutes:

 - Incorporation
   We are looking with a new firm which would work on formalities pro-bono
   and we would have only minimal fee left, this is good news.

 - Friends of Gnome policy should we just do it ?
   The feedback is good so far. This program should be launched.

   The Board ask Tim to go forward and put it in place
   People can contact foundraising gnome org if they want to help.

 - the account policy is approved
   => put it online and link it from the developper and foundation site

 - Update on GNOME 2
   schedule is published, as usual people would like to add more feature
   problem now is to meet that schedule. This is in the hands of the
   developpers, translators and documentors now.
   Nautilus port to Gnome2 seems to be a bit behind schedule.
   Porting is making progress in general.

 - Update on elections
   We didn't got any news and waiting for an email update.

 - We will have a Gnome booth a Linux World Expo in Fankfurt
   Anyone who wants to volunteer to help at the booth should contact
   Roman Beigelbeck <rbeigel anon. at>

 - Tim announced that there is now a GNOME Foundation Marketing and
   Outreach Working Group that meets regularly to help Leslie Proctor on PR
   and marketing stratetgies. The working group consists of the following          Advisory Board company representatives:
   Emily Ball, Red Hat, Leila Chucri, Sun; Kenneth Godfrey, IBM; Jon Perr,         Ximian; Jeff Stevenson, HP. Hillary Hudis, who does software marketing          in Boston, is also a member of the Working Group.


Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network http://redhat.com/products/network/
veillard redhat com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]