Re: Questions

from http://foundation.gnome.org/ :

 >> GNOME is part of the GNU project

but probably more importantly from the  Draft Charter for The GNOME
Foundation Draft 0.61 (23 October 2000) as included on
http://foundation.gnome.org/charter.html

 >> GNOME is Free Software
 >>
 >> ----------------------
 >>

 >> GNOME is part of the GNU project and supports the goals of the GNU
 >> project as defined by the Free Software Foundation. Free software
 >> licensing has always been a mainstay of GNOME, and we must ensure
 >> that this tradition continues. GNOME will include only Free software.

Note especially the clause "as defined by the FSF", there is no need to
argue what free software licensing means in this context.

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/aguelzow