Re: GNOME Foundation elections!

James Henstridge wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Damon Chaplin wrote:

> > What if a few powerful people/companies get together, decide the slate they
> > want between them, and take their names off all other slates?
>
> Someone who acted like that doesn't sound like a person with gnome's best
> interests in mind.  In fact, this would make me less likely to vote for
> their slate.

But if the Steering Committee (a few powerful people/companies) puts together
a slate, as they've said they will, and they all publicly support it, we are
practically in that position.

This board would almost certainly get elected, and I would have no say at all
in who was or wasn't ;-) on it.

As Daniel said, its hardly worth having a vote.

I don't see the problem with voting for individuals. It is probably no more
complicated than slates, and it is far more democratic. My vote actually counts!

Damon