Re: GNOME Foundation elections!

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Damon Chaplin wrote:

> Bart Decrem wrote:
>
> > One specific response: I think it would be totally OK for people to appear
> > on multiple slates, but people listed on slates should be able to remove
> > themselves from that slate.  If there's 5 slates, I can imagine that all
> > of them may wish to include Miguel, and I would kind of assume that he
> > would be OK with being on those slates, but might want to reserve the
> > right to remove himself from any specific slate with which he doesn't want
> > to be associated.
>
> This is the worrying thing.
>
> What if a few powerful people/companies get together, decide the slate they
> want between them, and take their names off all other slates?

Someone who acted like that doesn't sound like a person with gnome's best
interests in mind.  In fact, this would make me less likely to vote for
their slate.

One thing I think people should remember is that the people who will
probably be on the board are not evil, and probably not manipulative.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/