Re: GNOME Foundation elections!

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 09:42:38PM +0100, Damon Chaplin wrote:

> But if the Steering Committee (a few powerful people/companies) puts together
> a slate...

This is what I've been wondering: will there be more than one slate
with a credible chance of winning?  It is difficult for me to imagine
any situation where the steering committee slate loses.

This isn't entirely a bad thing, of course: it would just means that
there is broad consensus that Miguel, Havoc, Maciej, etc. should be
running things.  (FWIW, that is how I'd vote.)  And while I don't
think that anyone involved with this has anything but the best
intentions, it does seem like a recipe for "one-party rule".

-JT

--
GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.