Re: Candidate

On Mon,  9 Oct 2000 09:51:31 -0700 (PDT)
 bruce perens com (Bruce Perens) wrote:

#I was _horrified_ when Eric
#Raymond pushed it in the direction of a "different movement", and this is part
#of what led me to walk off of the OSI board.

#If you want to be clear about where I am coming from regarding Open Source and
#Free Software, read http://www.perens.com/OSD.html and other documents at
#perens.com .

After reading a few articles I'm convinced Bruce will have the best interests
for the GNOME community.
http://www.perens.com/Articles/
--The Open Source Definition
--It's Time To Talk About Free Software Again
--Bruce Perens' reply to Eric Raymond's "Understand by Job, Please!"

One thing Bruce mentioned was about companies tried to get the IETF to
standardize patents.  As long as Eazel, Helixcode and Red Hat's online /
updating / management services remain separate than the core of gnome and what
we pay for is convenience and "priority bandwidth" than I don't see a problem
with it at all.

I seriously doubt a few representatives from so-and-so company on the foundation
would actually do something like trying to integrate their services into Gnome
2.0 or 3.0 or whatever.  As an add-on separate package there'd be no conflict of
interest and it only adds credibility and value to GNOME.

adam http://www.kaikun.org 4,000+ photos