Re: Candidate

    Bruce> I'm the primary author of the Open Source Definition [...]

Bruce, I would remind you that if you end up on the GNOME board, the
GNOME project is a GNU project, and as you know the other people
behind the "Open Source Terminology Movement" have lost track of the
ideal of freedom and proposed a non-free documentation/book license.

I know that you spoke out against that non-free license, but the more
important point is that on the GNOME board you would speak for free
software, and need to put the term "open source" in that perspective.

When we discussed this years ago for GNOME I proposed that we write
"free software (sometimes known as open source software)".  That is
still how GNOME portrays itself.  I hope you will pledge to remain
faithful to that even though your name is associated with the term
"open source".