Re: Some comments

Another example: a (major) vendor may be thinking about donating code
or other technology to the project.  The vendor cannot get press coverage
if it isn't "news".  This is the way the press works, for better or for
worse, BTW.

So a vendor would like to keep it secret until announcement, but also need
comments for their press release.  Right now, this means that at best there
are approaches to individuals, which I think is a much worse situation
than to a board (which may involved.

Solution: limited confidentiality...

This kind of thing has come up again and again over the history of X (there
were large donations by various vendors, including the X11 sample server
in the first place by Digital), and will with Gnome, and is coming up
with Apache.

So there are times confidentiality is needed, and I'm skeptical of how
far in advance you can forsee the circumstances.
				- Jim

--
Jim Gettys
Technology and Corporate Development