Re: What is GNOME?

Chema Celorio wrote:

> I still think that we should require a small enrollment
> fee. Even if it is just 5/10 bucks. If you contribute to
> gnome you should not care donating five bucks to the
> Foundation, and if you don't really care about gnome
> you will not waste your money.

First off, I think using a monetary fee as a means to "frighten
away" those who don't care enough about GNOME to "make the right
decisions" is wrong. This is about free software and money should
_not_ be a requirement to be able to voice your opinion.

> I would do it like this :
> - If you have a cvs account, you can become a member by
> paying your enrolment fee in http://whatever.com/path/file.html
> - CVS accounts follow the current procedure.
>
> Is there any scenario in which somebody should be
> a member and not have a cvs account ? For some

Lots of translators and doc writers are in exactly this position.

> This sounds simple enough to me and requires no
> intervation, everything can be done automatically
> once we set it up.

Secure monetary transfers over the net are simple? ;)

Cheers
Kjartan Maraas