Re: What is GNOME?

On Jul 10, Chema Celorio wrote:
> I still think that we should require a small enrollment
> fee. Even if it is just 5/10 bucks. If you contribute to
> gnome you should not care donating five bucks to the
> Foundation, and if you don't really care about gnome
> you will not waste your money.

This would be a disaster.

Who is going to manage this?

Who is going to take care of currency conversion?  For me to get 5 US
dollars, the conversion fee alone would be as expensive.

Why should I send money to an organisation that pretends to manage a
project to which I already donate hundreds and hundreds of hours?

What advantage does this provide?

-Phil