Re: [fdn-ann] messaging statement

Hi everyone,

Thanks Greg for the first draft of the press release.  Thanks Barbara for this
messaging document.  I think for the second draft of the press release, we
should go through the key messages and make sure they're incorporated into the
press release.  Does someone want to take a cut at that?

Great to hear that Bob Young is available for dress rehearsal.  I think it's
very important that we have a basic script for the press conference so we know
what everyone's going to say.  I think we can build that off the messaging
document.  Do you think that's a good idea?  If so, does someone want to take a
first cut at that?

Too bad we're not hearing back from Miguel and Nat.  Perhaps they're travelling.

Russ: yes, we need to lock in the corporate representatives.  What we have so
far is:
- Miguel + other hackers for Gnome project (miguel@helixcode.com)
- Nat Friedman for Helix Code (nat@helixcode.com)
- Mike Boich for Eazel (mike@eazel.com).  Greg: can you make sure Mike is
available?
- Bob Young for Red Hat (Melissa is the contact)
- Marco Boerries for Sun (I don't have contact info)

We need to confirm:
- IBM rep.  Brian: this one's yours.
- VA Linux rep.  I am waiting for a response from their contact person.
- other companies who may join

Bart