Re: [fdn-ann] messaging statement

We are going to have to get Russ's input on the StarOffice front.  In terms
of messages, these are excerpted from the original proposal, and I think
they're still fairly current, except we have to clarify what we are saying
on the Office front.  We welcome edits/additions.

STRATEGY
To reinforce GNOME’s position as a leader in the open source movement,
positioning GNOME as a unifying industry force across multiple vendors.

KEY MESSAGES
· The GNOME Foundation has been formed to formalize a group of individuals,
from varying organizations and companies, who will be responsible for
advancing GNOME.

· The GNOME desktop is the world’s leading free and easy-to-use desktop
enviroment for the user; GNOME has been designed to run on all modern
strains of Unix-like operating systems.

· The support of leading vendors, including Sun Microsystems, Eazel,
Collab.Net, Helix Code, Red Hat, [others to come] demonstrates that the
industry is coalescing behind GNOME as the desktop environment of the future.