Re: How dead is f-spot

Digikam also does hierarchical tagging. f-spot has been a fine and mature product, but as my photo collection grew, I started to experience instability problems and crashes. That's why I am now on Digikam. I also preferred f-spot, however.

From: "Dougie Nisbet" <dougie highmoor co uk>
To: awilliam whitemice org
Cc: f-spot-list gnome org
Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2014 12:22:51 PM
Subject: Re: How dead is f-spot

On 8 December 2014 at 20:03, Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
Do any of the alternatives support hierarchical tagging like f-spot
does?  Last I looked shotwell[*1] did not.

Shotwell does hierarchical tagging.

I've rather reluctantly moved from f-spot to shotwell. I was happy with f-spot and didn't mind the lack of development seeing it more as a mature product. The problem for me was instability and crashes. shotwell is ok but I preferred f-spot.

Dougie