Re: Being honest about the development of f-spot

Am 13.09.2011 15:32, schrieb Roland Geider:
On Tuesday 13 September 2011 15:08:22 Sven Utcke wrote:
Hello Roland,

Before somebody starts spending time writing such a tool from
scracth, I wrote a python script to migrate from f-spot to
digikam. I have used it with my collection of around 10000 pictures
and works pretty well. At least for me, since I could not test this
with any other installations! It can migrate tags and ratings (the
most important settings for me) and the comments as well.

Thank you very much for sharing!  Did you test this with names
containing non-ascii characters?  If so, what version of Python did
you test against (I had some trouble to get urllib.unquote to work in
anything from Python 2.5 to 2.7)?

After a quick look this ought to work for at least f-spot 0.8.x, and
probably 0.7.x to (not quite sure when f-spot changed to database
version 17)

Hi Sven,

yes, it also works with non-ascii filenames. As for the python version, I
tested this with 2.7 (ubuntu 11.04) so it's strange that you got problems. I
will check again once I'm home, in case I forgot to undo some testing
environment or something like that.

I just checked, "python --version" shows "2.7.1+"