Re: Being honest about the development of f-spot

On Tuesday 13 September 2011 15:08:22 Sven Utcke wrote:
> Hello Roland,
>
> > Before somebody starts spending time writing such a tool from
> > scracth, I wrote a python script to migrate from f-spot to
> > digikam. I have used it with my collection of around 10000 pictures
> > and works pretty well. At least for me, since I could not test this
> > with any other installations! It can migrate tags and ratings (the
> > most important settings for me) and the comments as well.
> >
> > https://bitbucket.org/rolandgeider/f-spot-to-digikam
>
> Thank you very much for sharing!  Did you test this with names
> containing non-ascii characters?  If so, what version of Python did
> you test against (I had some trouble to get urllib.unquote to work in
> anything from Python 2.5 to 2.7)?
>
> After a quick look this ought to work for at least f-spot 0.8.x, and
> probably 0.7.x to (not quite sure when f-spot changed to database
> version 17)
>
> Thanks
>
> Sven

Hi Sven,

yes, it also works with non-ascii filenames. As for the python version, I
tested this with 2.7 (ubuntu 11.04) so it's strange that you got problems. I
will check again once I'm home, in case I forgot to undo some testing
environment or something like that.

Roland