Re: Please, continue evonving f-spot

I too think that it would be nice to keep f-spot evolving.

I have an odd reason to have originally picked up f-spot. I tried digikam and f-spot and decided on f-spot which back then was mainly for the ability to keep a giant database in multiple computers but keep the photos only on one computer. I have some 300Gb of photos  on my main desktop computer. I keep a copy of my f-spot database on my laptop with only the current photos I am working on  and when I am done I copy them to the desktop. F-spot simply ignores the missing photos and continues to function properly. The moment the photos appear, they show up properly on f-spot too. digikam did not (and I believe still does not) support this. Neither does shotwell or picassa or any other thing I have tried.

Also, f-spot has been around long enough, was supported by projects like ubuntu for a while so we have invested a lot in using it as a database. The shotwell feature of importing f-spot was a total failure for me.

I can't provide any programming help but I do not mind some tiny bit of financial help, or beta testing etc.

Turgut