Basic questions

I've just upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 from a much older version, and f-spot
is the default photo manager, so I am trying to use it to maintain my
photo collection, but I have several basic questions that weren't
answered in the User's Guide or FAQ.

1.  My previous photo collection is in ~/Photos.  When I plug in my
camera, an import is started automatically, and the files go to
~/Pictures/Photos.  Is this the default place where pictures are
supposed to go under Ubuntu now (Photos doesn't appear anymore in the
default nautilus bookmarks, but Pictures does)?  Should I move my old
photos from ~/Photos to ~/Pictures?

2.  Image files are not deleted from the camera upon import, so when I
plug in my camera again, it tries to import the same photos.  Will this
cause a problem (other than wasting time and disk accesses)?  Is it
actually overwriting the old files with identical copies, or does it
store the imported files elsewhere temporarily and only move them when I
click "Import (check)" in the import dialog?  Is there a way either to
turn off this automatic import, or delete the files automatically from
the camera, so they won't be imported twice?

3.  My camera can also take videos, which are stored in the camera as
.mpg and .thm files, but these aren't imported.  Is there any provision
for that?

Thanks for your help,

Todd Wilson