Flaky Dragging and Dropping of tags

Is it just me? I've noticed with no discernible consistency that dragging and dropping tags is flaky. Most of the time it's fine, but sometimes, usually when dragging a tag from one parent to another, that it takes a few attempts. Usually I assume it's because I'm being lazy on the mouse but sometimes I just can't get it to work at at all, and end up using 'Edit Tag' (and all the scrolling that that involves) to put a tag into the right place.