Re: The timestamp thing

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 09:11 +0100, Stephane Delcroix wrote:
> List,
>
> 	That issue is _not_ ignored at all, and is on my top 3 priority list
> (that list is public btw). It's not solved yet cause a proper fix is a
> huge thing to do, that require rewriting a lot of parts of f-spot.
>
> 	If you're under the impression that I'm ignoring it, you're not looking
> closely enough, or not on the right time scale. I just stopped
> discussing it over and over again cause discussion doesn't write code.

That's all fair enough.  But I have two points to make:

First: until a proper fix is made, how difficult is it to revert/NOOP
the code that is making changes so that until they are properly handled,
timestamps are untouched?

Second: now that the timestamps of so many people's photos have been
mangled by f-spot, a tool within f-spot to manually adjust timestamps of
selected photos would be desired, if not required.

I am thinking something along the lines of selecting one or more photos
and then being able to either set an absolute timestamp or be able to
skew them all by some amount of HH:MM:SS in one direction or the other.

I've never really looked at import rolls beyond the "most recent", but
hopefully the history of import rolls is long enough that one can easily
select groups of pictures by imports to skew the timestamps one way or
the other.

b.