[no subject]

My proposed solution for the time being would be to simply offer users a
choice, even it's buried in GConf, as to whether F-Spot should modify
timestamps or leave them alone. This should be alongside the option of
having F-Spot not touch metadata at all, and store tags and such only in
the DB.

Having not looked at the codebase myself, I don't know what the
underlying problems are that have kept this issue open for over 3 years,
but frankly, something needs to be done.

Ubuntu, which includes F-Spot as it's default photo-manager, has this
issue marked as a high importance bug. Some people have even been
pushing for F-Spot to be removed from the default Ubuntu install until
the issue is resolved. I don't want to see that happen; I'd rather that
Ubuntu ship a version of F-Spot patched to leave timestamps alone, at
least as a stopgap measure until this is dealt with in F-Spot.

The Ubuntu bug is
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/f-spot/+bug/175191";>https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/f-spot/+bug/175191</a>

Regards,

  </pre>