Modifying the version name generation

Hi,

I would like to change the way F-Spot names new photo versions. The
obvious way to do this would be to patch the source and replace, for
example, Photos.CreateDefaultModifiedVersion(). But since there are a
few people who are also interested in this change, one would think an
extension could be a better approach. Thing is, I don't have any idea
how to do this in an extension. Does somebody want to point me in the
right direction?

[x] ulf