Hello world

Hello, I'm new to the mailing list. I would like to take a look at the
F-spot code, to see if I could contribute to the project someday. I
never contributed to any opensource project, I'm looking for a fun one
to start with.

So this were my first attempts trying to compile f-spot:
I had no problems compiling the source included here:
http://ftp.gnome.org/Public/GNOME/sources/f-spot/0.5/f-spot-0.5.0.3.tar.bz2

But I want to work eventually using the SVN repositories, so:

I did a SVN checkout of /svn/f-spot/branches/FSPOT_0_5_0_STABLE/
I followed the steps listed here http://f-spot.org/How_To_Build_from_HEAD
I got the following error: http://i39.tinypic.com/10nw8ci.png

Other unrelate problem I had: I would like to open the solution in
monodevelop, apparently the f-spot.sln included in SVN is outdated,
because when I open it and try to build the project in monodevelop, i
get errors about missing files. See http://i40.tinypic.com/2ccozy9.png
So I would really appreciate some help in generating my own
monodevelop solution from scratch, adding the current files, I don't
know which files to add.

Another question: do you recommend that I look at a STABLE branch, or
go directly to trunk? I had no problems compiling the release tar.bgz
but I couldn't compile trunk nor FSPOT_0_5_0_STABLE branch.

Thanks and sorry for the long first email.
All the best