Error when trying to import *.pef

Hi list,

I am trying to import some *.pef (Pentax RAW files) from SD-Card, but this fails silently. Command Line Output is more helpful:
(f-spot:8019): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixdata_from_pixbuf: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(f-spot:8019): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixdata_serialize: assertion `pixdata->magic == GDK_PIXBUF_MAGIC_NUMBER' failed
Error importing /media/disk/dcim/imgp6070.pef
I am running a debian sid system with debians own, but up-to-date f-spot version (0.5.0.3). Have dcraw installed, import of jpeg runs fine.

Could anyone help me on this?

I think that at least the gui should report some failure, this is quite confusing to unexperienced users. Plus, when the option 'check for duplicates' is enabled, one gets an error: 'File not found' and corresponding CLI output

I guess this i a bug to be reported, but to to be honest I am a bit shy on that and not completely sure wether this might be debians fault Anyway I could not find a similar bug report.

Arian