Re: Pictures show time three hours later

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Eric Mountain <eric mountain gmail com> wrote:
On Thursday 04 Sep 2008, Andrew Conkling spake thus:
> Fair enough, but that's odd too: my computer and cameras are set to UTC-5,
> but it's adjusting by 3 hours.

Does the difference in time depend on whether EXIF data is present in the
associated file or not?  I think I have found a bug that occurs if there is
no EXIF data, see:

http://www.mail-archive.com/f-spot-list gnome org/msg04431.html

Hmm, I'll have to check on some specifics, but as everything has been coming from my camera, most things should be consistent.

Also, do you have DST in your timezone (what timezone is it?). If so, does
your camera know?

Hm, I don't think so (at least, I don't recall a setting for it). Assuming not, I must've just set the time manually when DST went into effect. Would that have an effect on how F-Spot treats the times?

Ultimately, I'm trying to figure out if there's any way I can avoid having to manually adjust the times of just the affected pictures, because a lot of these have already been adjusted (via F-Spot, of course) and going through to find just the affected ones would be tedious and error-prone.

Thanks!

--
Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net