Re: Pictures show time three hours later

On Thursday 04 Sep 2008, Andrew Conkling spake thus:
> Hmm, I'll have to check on some specifics, but as everything has been
> coming from my camera, most things should be consistent.

Can you supply "exiftool -G" output for two images: one that is OK, and one
with the 3 hour shift?

> > Also, do you have DST in your timezone (what timezone is it?). If so,
> > does your camera know?
>
> Hm, I don't think so (at least, I don't recall a setting for it). Assuming
> not, I must've just set the time manually when DST went into effect. Would
> that have an effect on how F-Spot treats the times?

I would just like to be sure your camera and your computer both agree on the
current local time.

> Ultimately, I'm trying to figure out if there's any way I can avoid having
> to manually adjust the times of just the affected pictures, because a lot
> of these have already been adjusted (via F-Spot, of course) and going
> through to find just the affected ones would be tedious and error-prone.

Depends on what is the root cause of the discrepancy.  I'm working on an
extension to fix f-spot timestamp using EXIF time or file mod time with the
option to assume a given time zone, but it's still in its infancy (I am new
to f-spot, C#, gtk & glade.).

Eric
--
Eric Mountain