Re: Is F-Spot changing the picture's metadata properly?

Silvano wrote:
Dougie, simply execute "exiv2 -p x /path/to/photo.jpg | grep
Xmp.dc.subject" to view the list of tags written into the file.

BTW, I was wrong, the tags are still being saved in XMP format :-)

Hasta la vista,
   Silvano
Now that's very interesting. I hadn't tried that option, and I'll tell you why. The exiv2 man page describes the -pv switches as equivalent to -pxgnycv, and so when I tried
   exiv2 -pv
and that *didn't* show the tags, I assumed they weren't there. But I've now tried exiv2 -px on its own and I can see the tags.

I've also got exiftool running now too but exiv2 -px is a bit more elegant I think.

Thanks,

Dougie