Re: Date Taken seems to be adjusted for timezone incorrectly

Hey Lloyd,

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 22:15 -0700, Lloyd Budd wrote:
> 2008/3/15 Lorenzo Milesi <lorenzo milesi yetopen it>:
> >
> >  TimeZone support is being worked on, and will probably land in F-Spot
> >  SVN in the next few months.
>
> Hi Lorenzo and brilliant f-spot participants. Thanks for the super
> quick response. So the problem does stem from me following the old
> school tradition of setting the clock on my PC to UTC, and using a
> timezone -- hmm, I wonder if that is the default on Ubuntu, or
> something elite that I did on my own (how about SUSE or Fedora?)
this is not related to the the system clock being (or not) set to utc.

> I'm going to be a father in about a month's time, and I would love to
> use f-spot by then. I'm dangerous enough to use a trunk version. If
> this can be fixed before the end of March on trunk, I will put $20.00
> USD in for a bounty. Alternately, being a core participant in
> WordPress, I can fix something with it if you prefer?
congratulation ! even if it's not a good news for the wordpress
community, as you'll end up with a lot less free time to hack on fun
stuffs :)
using svn is safe, at least for your photos. it may crash but shouldn't
hurt your photo collection. anyway, this timezone issue is not yet
solved in svn. i probably won't have time to finish and commit the tz
support in the upcoming weeks, could you ask your wife to wait for a few
weeks more ? err, probably no. so I'd say use f-spot as-is, and uncheck
the "write metadata" preference so f-spot won't modify the exif
timestamps for now.

regards