Date Taken seems to be adjusted for timezone incorrectly

Hi f-spotters,

F-spot is brilliant. Thank you so much for this amazing tool.

I first tried it a few months ago with on Ubuntu 7.10 with package
0.4.0-0ubuntu3, but I have a symptom that made the software unusable
for me. I've eagerly waited for the next version to be in Ubuntu, and
couldn't wait any long, so I updated to the Ubuntu alpha on one of my
computers -- GNOME is so polished, it's fantastic!

f-spot 0.4.2-0ubuntu2

Unfortunately for me, I still have the same symptom. It seems no
matter how I import the photos, either from disk after importing using
the default application Eye of GNOME, or directly from my camera into
f-spot, the time of all the photos imported is off. It seems likely
that the problem is that the images Date Taken exif data doesn't
include the time zone, and f-spot is interpreting the time taken as
cut time.

For example, a photo's properties after importing using EOG are:
Image Type: jpeg (The JPEG image format)
Width: 3888 pixels
Height: 2592 pixels
Camera Brand: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi