Importing photos from read-only device

	Hi folks,

just a couple of questions: I got this external firewire drive where I have my iPhoto 7 Library stored for back-up. Now, I have succeeded in making it readable by a Ubuntu 7.10 machine (I had some trouble with file permissions) and I would like to use F-Spot in order to browse through the pictures.

Here come the questions:

1. Can I import in F-Spot recursively all the pictures contained in a read-only external drive, not having to copy them on the local drive?

2. If Answer (1) is 'yes', then: Is there any chance to retain the picture tags from iPhoto? My idea is the following: Use some plug-in or whatever to make iPhoto write EXIF keywords into the the files; Then import them in F-Spot hoping it will recognize such EXIF tags.

Regarding question (1), I tried the 'Import' function, but every time I select my external drive from the drop-down menu, F-Spot just stops responding and I have to kill it.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

	Sergio De Zordo