Re: Safe Practice - Autosave? Quit and Restart?

Ben Perston wrote:
On 23/01/2008, *Dougie Nisbet* <dougie highmoor co uk <mailto:dougie highmoor co uk>> wrote:

    Does f-spot update the database as you work? e.g. If I spend a
    couple of
    hours tagging and organising photos, and there's a crash towards the
    end, will the information be lost? Is it best to quit and restart
    f-spot
    periodically to ensure that everything is up to date in the database?

    Dougie

The database is updated as you work (i.e. each change happens immediately). I have had numerous F-spot crashes but have never lost any data. It does forget interface settings like where you were in your list of photos, what tags you had expanded in the tree and so forth, however.
That's fine. Thanks for the fast answer.

Dougie