Re: Error: maximum depth 1000 when deleting batch entries from catalogue

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 05:37:00PM +0000, Dougie Nisbet wrote:
> I wanted to re-import my jpegs and start again, but I'd spent a lot of
> time creating tags (but had not assigned them to images yet) so I didn't
> want to lose all that administration. So I didn't just want to delete
> the photos.db file.

Seems like the tags would be easy to dump from the db and add back in
later.  Or, I suspect you could just copy the .db file, the "delete
from photots" to clear out the photos table (and others) to start
fresh but with tags still dfined.

> I've decided to try the f-spot way of using date-named folders and to
> import with copy. I moved my source images and created a new destination
> folder for the new images filesystem. However I had a load of images in
> the catalogue that appeared when I ran f-spot, so I decided to get rid
> of them by selecting all (13000 images) and removing from catalogue.

I have a script that I used to "import" my photos into a
year/month/day directory structure and build the database at the same
time.   It's hard links the files as it goes so there's no copying of
data around.

It's Perl, and quite a trivial, one-off hack, but I can provide if you
want.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley hank org