Re: network photo management: with F-spot ?

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 22:34 +0200, Antoine Pairet wrote:
> What I am looking for is a kind of "server version" of F-spot. All the
> photos would be stored on the server. And F-Spot would act like a
> client. But laptops should be able to keep photos locally. So that if
> someone travels outside the network, he would be able to keep some
> photos. The default importing folder should be on the server but an
> option would permits to store photos also locally. If photos are
> imported when the computer isn't connected to that network, photos
> should be stored locally and when the computer is reconnected to the
> network those photos should be automatically sent to the server. There
> would be global tags (stored on the server) and local tags (stored in
> the "client version" of F-Spot).

Part of it, you could do it right now. Setting F-Spot to use an NFS
share to store photos, would already be possible.

The problem would be syncronizing the database of the different clients,
without concurrent editing and so on.

To make this possible, I think that the whole db abstraction layer
should be rewritten, but I can't say to be an expert of the F-Spot
code...

Giacomo
--