Duplicate images

Version: 0.3.5-0ubuntu2

I have duplicate images in my collection that point to the same file.
Is there a way to clean those out of the database?

I'm a new user and I'm still not sure I get how import works:

For a while I was importing directly from my camera's memory.  I was
doing this every few days as I took more photos.  The process seemed
to get slower as if it was grabbing thumbnails from images already
loaded.

I moved to using rsync to sync my camera with a photo directory, which
seems faster.

I wish there was an option to create a hard-link (instead of copy) as
I like how the photos get organized into folders by date.  That way I
could keep using rsync to mirror my camera's memory card but still get
the images organized by f-spot.

I use the export feature often -- I often need to grab twenty or
thirty photos out out a collection, resize, and send them to someone
or scp them someplace.

I wish there was "easy tag" mode where I could just click on the
images and have them tagged (for later exporting) -- and that it also
worked in full screen mode.  The right-click and select a tag is ok,
but it's a bit tedious when dong that for a lot of photos.

It would also be handy if I could pre-configure a command to run after
exporting the images.

BTW -- has anyone written a web interface that uses the same database?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley hank org