Re: feature request: generate tags from folder

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 17:39 -0500, Thomas Lunde wrote:
> E.g., iPhoto sort-of does this.  Although they're not "keywords" in
> the iPhoto parlance, one can search one for any word in the name of
> the folder that immediately contained the photos.  The search is not
> case sensitive.

F-Spot already does this. In the main gallery, just press '/' and type: you will see all the photos that have searched terms in their path or description.

Converting paths to tags would be usefull, probably, but we should define a naming policy, and there will always be something wrong. Example:

/home/alt-os/files/photos/camping/croatia/mostar/dsc001.jpg

Would you tag it "mostar+croatia+camping", "mostar", or "photos", or "photos+files"...

Giacomo
--