Re: Using monodevelop

On 9/5/07, Daniel Falk <f-spot mbx zapto org> wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.  I'm afraid it's going to be a bumpy road
> learning how to develop for f-spot in a streamlined fashion.  If this is
> a common approach to development, are there any sites that might help a
> former windows user cope?  Specifically, I'm used to visual studio, and
> it's not the IDE style of developing that I'm missing.  It's the
> benefits of it, like auto-complete, syntax highlight, easily adding
> assembly references, debugging, and compiling via hotkey...

MonoDevelop does all these things, and can integrate with an Automake
build system too, so I'm surprised that no-one has set up a set of
solution files yet. If you'd like to give it a go, you're welcome to
ask for help on monodevelop-list or #monodevelop (IRC).

--
Michael Hutchinson
http://mjhutchinson.com