Managing imports and archives

Hi,

When importing from a directory how does f-spot determine if the photo
has already been imported?

If I import a photo can I "delete" the photo but have f-spot remember
it so it's not imported again (say if the image is still on my
camera)?

How does f-spot decide on the directory structure when copying the
files to the photos directory?  Does it look at the file data or the
exif data?

I tend to import all my photos to my laptop and then rsync to a
desktop for backup and viewing.  My laptop has limited disk space.
Any way to "archive" photos so that f-spot still remembers them (and
the thumbnail) but the actual photo is not on the laptop drive any
longer?

I'll rsync the sqlite database to the desktop machine, too.  I assume
there's no way to be able to edit photos on both machines and then
"merge" the changes.

Can f-spot use another database besides sqlite?  (i.e. Postgresql)?

Any other tips for using f-spot on multiple machines?

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley hank org