Re: Refresh thumbnails: Request for Help

Thanks for another reply, Christoph.

On Nov 19, 2007 12:10 AM, Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt burggraben net> wrote:
> >  - F-Spot no longer works. I can launch it alright, but it
> >    crashes when I try to import any image.
>
> Well, then let's see how this could be repaired.
> My first guess would be to restore everything from backup to the
> point before you began moving your files around, then move the
> files "the right way" (see above). If that is not an option,
> move ~/.gnome2/f-spot and ~/Photos out of the way (I'm assuming

Yes, that is something I thought too. I deleted ~/.gnome2/f-spot and
~/.thumbnails. This time (after having your reply) I also tried moving
~/Photos away.

> you have default paths) for a clean start. Then reimport
> everything with "Copy files" checked to create you Photos folder

This is where the problem comes. F-Spot does not let me do that. It
crashes every time I try to import the pictures back to it.

> from scratch. F-spot should recognize all tags written to the files
> (as long as they are JPEG, at least). If this crashes too, you
> have encountered a bug which should be reportet to bugzilla;
> the developers will help you out then.

Hmm ... okay. I think I'll have to do that. Thanks for your help though.

Girish.