Re: f-spot to f-spot

Embedding extra metadata in an image has problems.

I would propose a new export function and the corresponding import
function.  The export function would put the images and the metadata from
the sqlite database into a format that would be easy for others to import.
The import function would do the import of such a collection.

Such functions would allow easy movement of f-spot collections from one
computer to another.

One final option might be to make the import temporary.  I could send
someone a CD of my images, they could 'import' them into their F-Spot
system, search for the images they want and mark those to keep, and drop
the rest of the images.  Or, I could see splitting my images into yearly
chunks for archival and other purposes.  Or imagine some sort of picture
mash-up after an event of some sort.

Cheers!

Steve Herber	herber thing com		work: 206-221-7262
Security Engineer, UW Medicine, IT Services	home: 425-454-2399