Refreshing the catalog?

Is there any way to refresh the f-spot catalog in order to remove dead entries from the database? I imported a ton of photos, and later went through and delete a bunch of them outside of f-spot. (The reason is that f-spot doesn't have a very easy way to quickly delete photos. It requires right click, Delete from Drive, then a confirmation box. Would be nice to have a quick delete feature which could be turned on with preferences. I use feh (linux) which makes is extremely easy to delete, rotate, etc. a folder of photos.) Anyway, the thumbnails of the deleted images still show up in the catalog, and even selecting all and using "Refresh Thumbnail" doesn't get rid of them. It seems that the "Refresh THumbnails" command should check whether the original file even exists anymore and if not, delete the thumbnail from the catalog rather than just leaving it there (which is what it seems to do now).

I presume I could write a script that would go through the sqlite database and check each entry against the filesystem, deleting ones that don't match - but there might be already something like that? If not, could a "Refresh Catalog" feature be added? Thanks!

--
"Impossible is nothing."