Feature for Google SoC

Hello !
There is a feature I would like to code for F-spot during the Google Summer of Code, and I'm wondering if you could set up a project for that. Mentoring organizations are to apply March 5-12.
The project I would like to work on is a face recognition add-on.
Not only would it recognize faces, but also it would allow smart-tagging of the images, it would automagically tag the pictures with the names of people on the picture.
As this would be a pretty complex project I suggest that only some part of it would be done within the Summer of Code. Although I have some work done (code in Matlab) - there is still a lot to do.
Please let me know if you are interested and I will give the details.

Regards,
Andrzej Wytyczak-Partyka