Re: Dreaming

Richard Bronosky a écrit :
I don't mean to go all snotty-elitist-hacker-like on you, but an email like yours really begs this response.

On 3/31/07, *vescovi christophe* < christophe vescovi numericable fr <mailto:christophe vescovi numericable fr>> wrote:

    Richard Bronosky a écrit :
    > First thing I'd do with "a robust plugin architecture" is add The
    > GIMP's Tools>Color Tools>Levels... and >Curves...
    Why !!!

Because f-spot is developed (I'll say, mostly if not exclusively, since I haven't taken the time to investigate sponsorship.) by hackers in their free time. We have jobs where our bosses tell us what they want us to do for them. When we work on FLOSS, we invest our time in the features that are important to _ us_. So, the answer to "Why" is, because the time I spend hacking is precious to me and I spent it the way I want.

Sorry I did not realized that you were a developer since I am new to that list. My answer was just a user point of view but of course you are free to develop what you think is important, and I thank you for that work.

    I just want...

Those with wants should either develop means, or make friends with those with means. I've never developed in dotNET or C# before, but I'm doing it specifically to contribute the features that I want to see in f-spot. You may consider this. Who knows, you may just find a new career!

Sorry, but I am just a poor electronics engineer with some digital processing skills but I let "real" software to people who know how to write it.