Re: Added handling of IPTC People, Location and Headline fields.

On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 02:03 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> So we see that there are in fact 4 tags: 2 Hebrew tags that came from
> IPTC data, one Hebrew tag that I added in F-Spot, and one English tag
> that I added in F-Spot. For some reason, then Hebrew tags are being
> written as carriage returns, not as text. So the patch you wrote works
> fine. It's the Hebrew tags that are not being written.

I tested the same thing, but I wrote a tag with ÅÄÖåäö, and this tag
also showed up as a <CR> in strings output. But, when I re-imported this
photo, it was imported nicely into a cvs version with the tag ÅÄÖåäö, as
well as your hebrew tags.

>         <rdf:Bag>
>           <rdf:li>
> </rdf:li>
>           <rdf:li><?xpacket begin="
> " id="testing"?>
> <x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
>   <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"; xmlns:ns="htt
> p://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
>     <rdf:Description>
>       <ns:subject>
>         <rdf:Bag>
>           <rdf:li>
> </rdf:li>
>           <rdf:li>
> </rdf:li>
>         </rdf:Bag>
>       </ns:subject>
>     </rdf:Description>
>   </rdf:RDF>
> </x:xmpmeta>
>
> Dotan Cohen
> http://gmail-com.com
>
> </rdf:li>
>           <rdf:li>
> </rdf:li>
>           <rdf:li>
> </rdf:li>
>           <rdf:li>
> </rdf:li>
>         </rdf:Bag>

> I just checked a photo that I tagged with the stable 0.2.1 F-Spot that
> I built from the tarball. It also has carriage returns instead of
> storing the Hebrew text in the tags:

0.2.1 do not have them XmpTagsImport.cs which is needed :)
It was added just after :(

/Bengt